- To provide a rich and varied environment that supports children’s learning and development. It gives them the confidence to explore and learn in a secure and safe, yet challenging, indoor and outdoor spaces
- To make children aware that we live in multicultural society and teach them to respect and understand each other.
- To provide continuous active learning where children learn best through physical a mental challenges.
- A child’s parent/guardian is the first and most important child educator and because of this fact, we will always work in partnership with you in order to achieve the best for your child.
Niños & Niñas Nursery opens 39 weeks of the year, term-time only from 9 am – 3 pm each day. We also have available a Breakfast Club from (8 – 9 am) and Afterschool Club (3 – 4 pm) each Club costs £6.
Our fees are as follows: £100 deposit (re-fundable), £45 registration fee, £30 per a full day or £15 per am/pm session, we also offer a lunch club that is available for £3 per child.
Nursery Education Grant funding is available for children from the term following their third birthday.
THE GIFT OF BILINGUALISM
The languages which the child is using from birth are the starting point for learning new languages later. This is why it is important that from the beginning the child can enjoy language acquisition, regardless of whether or not the child is from a mono/multilingual family or which languages the family is using in their daily life.
A bilingual child is able to communicate with a wider variety of people and will have economic wellbeing in their future. Research has even shown advantages in improved thinking skills among bilingual individuals.
It is compulsory that all children wear the nursery uniform. Our reasons for this are as follows:
- Inclusion – With all the children dressed the same, we aim to promote a sense of belonging to the group. Through this confidence, self-esteem and an inclusive atmosphere can be fostered.
- Protection of clothing- Used consistently in nurseries and schools throughout Spain, a uniform can also protect your child’s clothes.
The nursery uniform consists of: apron, lunch bag, backpack and jumper. Together, these items are priced at £45.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for children 0-5 years, which encourages learning and development through play in the following key areas:
- Communication, Language and Literacy: Children are shown how to accomplish daily roles which boosts confidence, improves motor skills, self reliance and discipline
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World: This includes subjects such as Science, History and Geography. Through the introduction of cultural topics children will learn about other countries and cultures.
- Physical Development: They are encouraged through opportunities to improve their skills of coordination, control, manipulation and movement.
- Creative Development: The children can express themselves artistically, explore and share their thoughts by painting, modelling, collage, drawing, clay, music, movement, dance, role play etc.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development: Children are provided with experiences which help them develop a positive sense of themselves and of others.
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy: Children are supported in developing their understanding of problem solving, reasoning and numeracy.
- Sensorial: To help your child develop and refine the use of his/her senses and understand concepts within the environment.
The Nursery offers regular extracurricular activities for children which include: Gymnastics, DramaTots, Music & Yoga.